Monday, January 12, 2009

Selling books.

So.  I had an interesting ordeal today.  I was putting my textbook for a statistics class online to sell when it said I could presell it for 50 bucks.  I did and got an e-mail saying it had been canceled.  *shrugs*  
I then just put it on that site for 65 bucks and went to another textbook selling site and sold it for 50 bucks again.  Then about a minute later it was sold for 70 bucks on the first site.  Sadly... I refunded the buyer giving me more (because I had to).  I checked to make sure the book was definitely down and not in my inventory and then went back to doing nothing.  
About 15 minutes later, the book sold again.  this time for 55 dollars.  O_o   First of all, I had nothing being sold.  Second of all, why'd I only get 55 dollars when I had it up originally for 70.  So I refunded them too.
So in the end, I sold my book four times.  I was amazed at how wanted my book was.  I wish I had four copies.  I would have made more than 200...  


Anyone want to buy it again?  Refund may or may not be included ;)

3 comments:

  1. Lol...was this on Ebay? That sounds way too crazy for me to handle! Good job though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah it was on half.com which is part of ebay. I've never had a problem with it before, but luckily they make it easy to fix. :) Usually selling your books online is realllllly easy. If you have any to sell, you should totally do it. It'd free monies!! Of course you're books aren't like mine. Mines like I buy one for 200 dollars. You buy 50 for 200 dollars. hehehe

    How's ENGLAND??!! I still can't believe you're in England. I don't care that your posting photos. I won't believe it until I get to the dorm. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my unopened psych book, I'm gonna steal my brother's idea and wait outside the classroom, trying to sell it to the freshmen waiting for their class to start. I'll just need a good excuse as to why it's not opened, that's not "Oh, you don't need it for this course". The co-op pays too little, and ebay is a hassle.

    ReplyDelete